I treat all aspects of women’s health in all stages of life. Women’s health includes gynecological and women’s-specific care including:
- Annual Exams with Pap/HPV testing
- Contraceptive counseling
- Vaginal Infections (including, but not limited to: Yeast, Bacterial Vaginosis)
- STI testing and treatment (chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis, human papillomavirus (HPV), mycoplasma genitalium, and the herpes simplex virus (HSV), types 1 and 2).
- Menstrual Cramps
- Irregular Menses
- Absence of Menses/Amenorrhea
- Perimenopause, Menopause
- Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Fibrocystic Breasts
- Abnormal Paps/Cervical Dysplasia/HPV
I also focus on the following concerns that are common in women:
- Hormone imbalances
- Digestive and metabolic health
- Immune health
- Environmental health
- Adrenal and thyroid health
- Preconception optimization
- Postpartum care
- Weight management
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Skin conditions (including, but not limited to: Eczema, Acne, and Psoriasis)
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid, Psoriatic Arthritis)
- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
As a naturopathic women’s health care provider, I individualize treatment plans using a variety of modalities including:
- Botanical medicine
- Amino acid therapy
- Bioidentical hormones
- Biotherapeutic Drainage
- Injection therapy
- Lifestyle counseling
- Pharmaceuticals (only when absolutely necessary)
- Holistic Pelvic Care™, a physical medicine modality
that brings balance and tone to the pelvic floor
I've devoted much of my career to helping couples get pregnant through the most natural means possible. This is driven in large part by my own experience: I had both my daughters after 35, and experienced many common concerns and challenges, including early pregnancy loss. While every fertility journey is unique, I know the value of sharing our stories in order to better support one another.
I work with patients in all different stages of their reproductive journey. For couples looking to optimize their health and fertility before trying, to those having trouble getting pregnant, and postpartum care, I identify effective, non-invasive natural medicine steps they can take. I also advise couples going through IVF to help optimize outcomes for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
Preconception and fertility services include:
- Health optimization before pregnancy
- Inability to become pregnant
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Healthy pregnancy
- Postpartum support
There is a growing body of research that shows early health care before pregnancy can help avoid chronic disease in our little ones. One of the reasons I love supporting families in preconception, fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum care is that it’s one of the best ways to support future generations of healthy and resilient children and adults; the ultimate in preventative health care.
Throughout my career, my mission has been to ensure that companies and individuals have access to the information, education, and solutions they need for optimal health.
Early in my medical studies, I realized that I wanted to understand not just how to diagnose and treat patients, but how to interpret, design, and conduct the research that powers medical decisions both in conventional and natural medicine. By continuing to immerse myself in contemporary medical research, I’m able to bring an evidence-based naturopathic approach to working with patients and clients. I split my time between private practice and research, and am frequently asked to contribute my expertise in speaking, writing, and research consultation. Currently, I am a medical advisor and research consultant to LOLA, the first lifelong brand for women, and Real Beauty Food, a natural food and beverage skincare company.